Sunday 25 February 2018

Have an effective and Productive week!


Have an effective and Productive week!

Have you ever felt like you are too busy, and tired? Have you ever felt like you have too much to do and very little time to do it in? And have you ever felt like, whatever you do, you are just never effective or Productive enough?
We all go through that season when everything is just over whelming, when everything just seems to not go our way, and no matter what we try we just can't seem to take control of that situation. And sometimes our lives.
I was having one of those weeks where everything that could go wrong just decided it was time to go wrong. I was behind on my assignments, I still had a lot of work I had to get done, someone hacked into my bank account and was taking money out, and all this had put me under a lot of stress and I became very anxious.
Losing my mind over all of this I sat down and I asked myself; what would Jesus do? and I opened my bible and began to read.
In the book of Luke 5 we find Jesus living his everyday life, performing miracles and bringing Gods kingdom to earth. Here Jesus has commanded fish to get caught in Peters net after Peter had spent the whole night without catching anything and called him to be a decuple. Later on, Jesus Heals a man covered in leprosy, you know, everyday Jesus stuff. Then in verse 16 it reads," But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed."
Why did he have to withdraw himself, could he not pray with everyone else who was there?
As I was meditating on this I came to understand, that sometimes, if a man has to be effective he/she must have time recuperate themselves. Through the busyness of the day, and all we have to do, all our schedules and appointments, and meetings, we become exhausted, our minds become tired, our bodies become week, and if we are to be effective and get right back on course we need rest.
The bible teachers us to be still and know that God is. This is to say that sometimes we forget that God is there with us when things are not going our way. Sometimes we feel, like we have to do all things on our own.
I believe Jesus withdrew Himself so that He could rest and recover from the demands put upon him by the world. Jesus withdrew himself to recover in the presence of God.
The beautiful thing about taking time out resting and being quite or praying is that when you come back from your rest, the weight is taken off you, you feel renewed and strengthened, you become even more creative and innovative, you are able to tackle life with greater ease then before.
So, this is my challenge to you for the week, take time out every day, and just pray, thank god for your life and what He is doing, thank him for being in control of your situation, and thank him for solutions to your hardships and problem. this worked for Jesus, it has worked for me, and I believe it will work for you as well.
God bless you and have a blessed week ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an effective and Productive week!

Have an effective and Productive week! Have you ever felt like you are too busy, and tired? Have you ever felt like you have too much ...