Saturday 24 February 2018

God wants the best for me, why then do I face all these problems

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Inspirational-Images/large/Jeremiah_29-11.jpg
We tend to read Jeremiah 29:11 which states," For I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
The questions that enter our minds immediately is, what are those plans, and when am I going to see these plans come to pass in my life.
I use to read this portion of scripture every day, I have read it so much that it has become a part of my being, and I believe that God has created me and has amazing plans for my life. But I kept asking myself, when will I see these plans come alive in my life?
If you are like me, I know you are eager to find out the answer. I would love to share with you what I discovered.
In Genesis 37 when read about a young man named Joseph, he is introduced to us as the child his father loved the most out of all his brothers. and also, the most favoured of his brothers.
There is no doubt that these dreams were from God himself, these were promises made to Joseph by God. God was saying to him, Joseph, one day I will make you a king and many, even you family will bow down to you, and you will be honoured and respected, because I have plans to prosper you, to give you a hope and a future.
One day Joseph had a dream, he dreams that he was king over his brothers and that they bowed down to him, he had a second dream and this time his father and mother bowed down to him as well.
Joseph told his dream to his brothers and father, and they all rebuked him saying, " are you saying that we will bow down to you, you must be way over your head." His brother became jealous and envious of Joseph and they ended up selling Joseph as a slave to Egypt.
We all have dreams, and I for one believe that whatever dream we have, if it is not to harm others or for the destruction of what is Good, I believe that that dream is from God. so like Joseph, God has given us something to look to, and he is saying, this is my plan for you, I want to prosper you, I want to give you a good hope and a good future.
God has said time and time again, "I will never leave you nor forsake you, I will be with you always." and this is something that Joseph Learned. Even though he was a slave, God was with him and even the Egyptians saw Gods hand upon him.
I want you to picture what must have been going through Josephs mind. God made him a promise, God said that he had good plans for him, god said that he was going to be a king, a ruler," God how could you allow this to happen, have you forsaken you promise to me!"
I know I have felt the same way," God you promised, why am I going through this, have you forsaken me!?"
He was falsely accused and put into prison. it was only after His imprisonment that God raised him up to become the ruler of Egypt.
I believe, that there were many ways in which God could have fulfilled his promise, I believe God could have Handed it to him all at once. I don't believe he had to go through all that. However, if God did Give it to him all at once, it would have been destructive to others and himself.
Joseph receive a promise from God which came to pass 23 years later. After he was betrayed by his own brothers and sold to slavery, after He had been a slave and then falsely accused, after he had been in prison for 2 long years, only after did He receive His promise.
Why did Joseph have to go through all that before receiving the promise? was there no other way?
Just as God took Joseph through Trail and tribulations and heartache, so sometime he has to take us through the same... Hoping we will developed well enough that he can give us what he has prepared.
Joseph lacked the character and the wisdom needed for what God had for him. Joseph was arrogant, proud and he thought very highly of Himself, he had a few character flaws that needed fixing.
This applies to our lives as well, God wants us to prosper and he wants us to have all he has ready for us, but sometimes we just lack in our, character, in our wisdom and knowledge or experience. God knows that if we have to have it now it would ruin us.
I like to think of it in this way, every trial, and every hardship is like a test, and the faster you can conquer or pass that test, that faster you will be able to progress to that which God has for you.
Often times God will work on us, He will take us through problems, trials, tribulations, hardships, heartache, pain, and even allow sickness so that we will be build and ready for what he has prepared.

Hope this helped, leave a comment, click like, till next post.

-Salem


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an effective and Productive week!

Have an effective and Productive week! Have you ever felt like you are too busy, and tired? Have you ever felt like you have too much ...